Welcome to Ownstake a software service, hereinafter referred to as ” Ownstake ” or “Website” or “Service” that offers its services, described later in this document, through the website www.ownstake.ng. You and all persons using Ownstake, whether or not registered, will be referred to herein as the User. The User using and enjoying Ownstake must know and accept the following Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Policies (hereinafter referred to as the “TERMS”).
Ownastake Digital Limited is the owner of Ownstake and is committed to protect the information of the User according to the laws, legal provisions and other rules that regulate the protection of data, the privacy or handling information and other norms that are in accordance with the public order. The Terms and Conditions of Use are the following:
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
2. Services and Functioning of Ownstake
Ownstake is a platform that enables users to access and purchase property either as a group or as an individual. The User can have access to the services by completing the User Registration process. Once the User completes the registration process, they will be able to request and use the services.
3. Rights that the User grants to Ownstake
The User authorizes Ownstake to:
(A) Use the processor, bandwidth, and storage hardware of the User´s device to facilitate the operation of the Service,
(B) Publish advertisements or other information of Ownstake and partners Commercial, affiliates, anywhere, in the world.
4. Registration of Users authorized to access Ownstake
The User to register must enter their e-mail address and a password which the User must commit not to divulge to third parties. Ownstake will send a message to confirm the email address, once it is successfully confirmed the User must complete the next steps:
1. profile, 2. application and 3. Payment (where applicable), and must enter their first name, last name, address and phone number. By registering on Ownstake, the User affirms that they are of legal age (over 18) and accepts these Terms and Conditions. If the User is not of legal age, he must not use the Application, nor provide Ownstake with any personal data. Ownstake reserves the right to request an age test at any time in order to verify that minors are not using Ownstake. In the event that Ownstake is aware that a minor is using the Application, Ownstake may prohibit and block the use and access of such User and will quickly eliminate any personal information in relation to the minor age User. Ownstake reserves the right to perform the verification of data provided in the registration process and to grant access to the Website.
5. Profile Settings
By registering for the Website, the User can modify their profile at any time by entering to: settings page and adding or modifying the registration information such as first name, last name, cell phone number and active e-mail >. It also allows the User to change the password, which must be handled with confidentiality at all times. When registering for the Application, the User must provide only true and accurate information, otherwise Ownstake will be unable to guarantee good services.
6. Users Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Users imposed by the laws and regulations, are the following:
● Managing the profile information confidential.
● Being over the legally required age and providing any documentation required by Abode.
● Providing accurate data when completing the registration process.
● Authorizing Ownstake to collect, process, analyse and store feedback from its customers.
7. Security Policy
Ownstake will take the necessary measures to safeguard the security or protection of the data and the secret password of the User. In case of changes in the information registered in the Application, or in case of any irregularity or simply as a protection of the identity of the User, Ownstake may contact the User by telephone or email, in order to corroborate the changes and try to avoid possible Frauds. The personal data that are voluntarily delivered to the Application can only be processed by Ownstake for automatic filling of the documents and for the operation of the Application; such information will not be delivered to third parties. The User may revoke the authorization to use his or her personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Law or rules that regulate this theme. For this the User can contact Ownstake through a customer service e-mail.
8. Prices informed in the Application
The prices published in the Application or in the application or on the website are the valid and current prices and include taxes. Any changes to the information published in the Application, including services, prices of the conditions, promotions and offers, will be published and will have effect on future operations, without affecting, in any case, the rights acquired by the User or services previously agreed.
9. How to purchase property on Ownstake
To make a purchase of the Service available in the website, the User must follow the steps:
● Enter the username and password. If you are not registered on the website, the User must register.
● Verify and confirm the e-mail to which the purchase of the product will be notified.
● Regarding the payment form, the online payment option will be given (Credit card, PSE, bank transfer) by paystack
● Credit card information is not stored by Ownstake.
● On the Application once the order is placed, we will send you a confirmation e-mail.
10.Means of Payment for the Application
The User will have the option to pay the services of the Application through a payment gateway called Paystack for which he will also be subject to the Terms and Conditions. All aspects related to the use of the means of payment, such as their date of issue, expiration, quota, blockages, etc., will be subject to the agreement between the User and the financial or banking issuer. Payment is understood to have been made to the independent provider, and payments include applicable taxes as required by law. Payments are final and will not be refundable unless Ownstake deems it different. Ownstake may at its discretion and criteria increase, decrease or modify the rates for the services obtained. Modifiable charges will also apply for the following transactions at the time of modification and may vary depending on the high demand for the service. Ownstake will make the greatest effort to inform the User the applicable rate before using the service.
11. Restriction of Use
The Users cannot, directly or through any third person, execute the following activities:
● Use the website for illicit, illegal or unauthorized purposes.
● Use the website in any form for spam activities or similar conduct.
● Allow access to unauthorized Users and minors. The User assumes all responsibility for the unauthorized User or minor that access Ownstake on their behalf.
● Interfere with or disrupt the operation of Ownstake or of the servers or networks that hosts Ownstake, or disobey laws, regulations, requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such servers or networks.
● Publish or otherwise make available through Ownstake any content, text or information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or offensive in any manner.
● Provide false information on Ownstake, either directly or indirectly. ● Misrepresent the User´s affiliation with any person or entity, or publish false or inaccurate information in Ownstake.
● Transmit, distribute, display or make available through or in connection with Ownstake any content, including content generated by the User, which may infringe third party rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights, or it can contain any illegal content. ● Make screenshots, linking, hot linking, link, indexing or redirecting to unauthorized Third-Party Sites.
● Take any action that imposes or may impose, at the discretion of Ownstake, an unreasonable or disproportionately large content load on the infrastructure of the Application.
● Violating security measures in order to prevent or restrict access to Ownstake.
● Copy, modify, alter, adapt, make available, translate, or disassemble any part of Ownstake.
● Create a browser frame (framing), or graphical User interface (GUI) about Ownstake without permission.
● Affecting the security of Abode Application by sending personal information and contact information (such as emails, phone numbers, etc.) to other Users in order not to do illicit activities.
● Perform any activities that is contrary to public policy and strict compliance rules that govern this type of Internet activities. In case of any violation to the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, Ownstake can cancel the User’s account and may initiate legal action. As a condition for using Ownstake, the User agrees and warrants that:
● Will not infringe or violate the Terms and Conditions of Ownstake.
● Has the legal capacity to enter into these Terms and Conditions and form a binding agreement under any applicable law.
● Commits to use Ownstake in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, and fully comply with its obligations.
● In the exercise of the Terms and Conditions, the User will not violate any other agreement to which the User is bound by provision of any law, rule, regulation, order or judgement.
● Ownstake, its officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors are independent and have no employment relationship or some sort of labour relationship with any User or the account. Users are prohibited from participating in activities, publishing content or registering or using a Username that has the following characteristics or includes material with these characteristics:
● Offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening or obscene.
● Illegal, aimed at promoting or committing an unlawful act of any kind, including infringement of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or property rights of Ownstake or a third party.
● Include the User´s password or intentionally include the password of another user or the personal data of third parties, or it is intended to request such personal data.
● Includes malicious content, such as malware, trojans or viruses, or otherwise prevents a user from accessing the Service.
● It is intended to harass or intimidate other users.
● Usurps or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, misleading or inaccurate.
● Use automated means to promote fictitious content.
● Involves the transmission of unwanted bulk mail or other forms of mass mail (spam), junk mail, chain messages or similar items, even through the Ownstake inbox.
● Includes commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, deceptive advertising, contests, sweepstakes or pyramid schemes, which are not expressly authorized by Ownstake.
● Includes links to references or otherwise promote commercial services or products, unless expressly authorized by Ownstake.
● Interfere with Ownstake or in any way harms, manipulates, infringes or attempts to investigate, exploit or examine vulnerabilities in the Service or in systems or networks, in the rules of use or in any security component, Ownstake authentication measure or any other security measure corresponding to the Service, the Content or a part thereof.
12. License to Use Ownstake
The Content in the Application are owned by Ownstake or Ownstake licensors. The User acquires a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use Ownstake service, and a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to make personal, non-commercial use of the Content (the “License”). This License will remain valid until the User or Ownstake cancels it.
13. Trademark and Copyright
Ownstake, in compliance with the provisions of Intellectual Property and Copyright provides:
● Users can upload their own materials subject to the laws and regulations concerning intellectual property. This material will be subject to the rules and regulations related with Copyright (hereinafter “Content generated by the User”).
● The User understands and agrees that is the owner and responsible for the content loaded in the Application. Also, it assumes all consequences holding Ownstake harmless of any legal liability (even after the User´s account is cancelled regardless of the reason) from any third-party claims.
● The User states that he is the author and owner of the uploaded content on the Application, or has all necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions from their rightful owners, which are required to publish and ensure they do not infringe the copyright of third parties or other rights.
● The User agrees not to upload any content that is illegal or if at the time of publication was legal has been subsequently declared illegal.
14. Media with the User
Ownstake may send through the Application promotional codes, important notices about the service and any other information that it considers important for the User. At no time will Ownstake send illicit messages or with inappropriate information.
16. Period of effect and termination
Ownstake may terminate the Terms or suspend access to the Ownstake service to the User at any time, either due to inappropriate or illegal use of the Application. Termination for breach, suspension and other measures
Ownstake may immediately terminate these Terms without notice if (i) The User has seriously breached, (ii) The User has provided inaccurate, fraudulent, non-updated or incomplete information during User’s account registration and during use (Iii) The User has violated applicable laws or regulations, or the rights of third parties, or (iv) Ownstake believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the security or property of other Users of Ownstake or to prevent fraudulent activities, to evaluate risks or to conduct investigations.
17. Ownstake Trademark
The brand, logo, advertising, slogan and all other related identifiers are owned by Ownastake Digital Limited, whether is or not registered. Other trademarks, service brands, trade names and logos appearing on Ownstake trademarks belong to their respective owners (“Third Party Brands”). No right, license or interest on brands of Ownstake or third-party trademarks is granted hereunder. The User agrees that there is no right; license or interest with respect to brands of Ownstake or third-party trademarks and therefore the User will avoid using any of these brands without authorization. Ownstake´s brands and Third Parties’ brands are governed by the rules and regulations of intellectual property and other laws.
18. Links to Third Party Sites
Ownstake may integrate ads or sponsored links to the website. If a User clicks on the ads, they may be transferred to an application of an advertiser, a messages page, an information page or to an offer. All information contained in the advertisements belongs exclusively to the advertisers. Ownstake has no representation in these ads, nor has control over those ads. Ownstake, advertisers, or third parties related thereto may be entitled to certain profits from such advertisements. The User agrees and acknowledges that they have no right or interest and that they will not be granted rights or guarantees with respect to the revenue from the ads.
20. Viability and Functionality
The viability and functionality of Ownstake depend on various factors, such as communication networks, software, hardware, service providers, and contractors. Ownstake does not guarantee that the Application will work at all times without interruption or is immune from unauthorized access or error-free. Ownstake will do everything possible at all times to ensure that the provision and operation of the Application is in good condition and that the User can access it without any problem.
21. Guarantee and Liability
IN THE EVENT OF MISLEADING REPRESENTATION OR CONDUCT OF THE USER, OWNSTAKE CAN DECIDE TO CANCEL THE USER’S REGISTRATION WITHOUT HAVING TO EXPLAIN THE MAIN REASONS. NO ACTION OF OWNSTAKE MAY BE INTERPRETED AS AN ACCEPTANCE OF ANY LIABILITY.
22. Limitation of Liability
THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE PURCHASE OF ANY SERVICE IS EXCLUSIVELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER AT THEIR OWN RISK. OWNSTAKE IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY EVENT RELATED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE WHETHER OWNSTAKE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, EXCEPT WHERE IT IS MANDATORY LIABLE, IN WHICH EVENT LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SERVICE. STATUTORY PROVISIONS APPLY TO CLAIMS DUE TO DEFECTIVE SERVICES. THE USER’S CONSUMER RIGHTS REMAIN UNAFFECTED IN ANY CASE.
24. Changes in Terms and Conditions
25. Transfer These Terms, and the User´s rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by the User without Ownstake’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Ownstake may freely assign these Terms.
26. Dispute Resolution
● b. Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek Mediation, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to Ownstake should be sent to: email@example.com. After the Notice is received, the User and Ownstake may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If the User and Ownstake do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
● c. Mediation Rules. Mediation shall be initiated at the Lagos State Multi-Door Court House, an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers mediation as set forth in this section. The rules of the Lagos State Multi-Door Court House shall govern all aspects of the mediation including but not limited to the method of initiating
● These Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a relationship, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer relationship, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between Ownstake and the User or any related third parties.
● Any claim relating to Ownstake or the User shall be governed by the laws, decisions, documents and treaties related to international laws on intellectual property, data protection and other related services on the internet materials.
● If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision shall be considered separate from this document and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
● These terms are the current Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous verbal or written agreement between the User and Ownstake.
28. Concerns or Questions